If you’re using affiliate links, you need to disclose that you may be paid as a result of people engaging with your content. Two suggested ways you can do this are:
1. On your site’s “About” or “Disclosures” page
What you exactly say is up to you, but here are a couple of examples of Skimlinks’ customers that we think have good (and very different) approaches to their disclosure page:
- Kinja Deals (part of Gizmodo): About page
- Brickset Ltd: Affiliate Disclosure page
- MoneySavingExpert: Disclosure page MoneySavingsExpert goes an additional step and explicitly identifies the relationship they have with Skimlinks on this page
2. A clear description at the top of every article or post
Remember that a general disclosure is not enough. The FTC expects consumers to be able to see the disclosure of the relationship on every article or post that has affiliate links.
Check out our blog post on this topic for more information.