If you’re using affiliate links, you need to disclose that you may be paid as a result of people engaging with your content. Two suggested ways you can do this are:
1. On your site’s “About” or “Disclosures” page
What you exactly say is up to you, but here are a couple of examples of Skimlinks’ Publishers that have good approaches to their disclosure page:
- GoodtoKnow: About Us page
- Collagerie: Affiliate Disclosure page
- The Home Page: Affiliate Disclosure page
2. A clear description at the top of every article or post
Remember that a general disclosure is not enough. The FTC expects consumers to be able to see the disclosure of the relationship on every article or post that has affiliate links.
Check out our blog post on this topic for more information.