The Report by Date breaks your performance data down by date, such as daily, weekly or monthly, within the date range selected in the top filter.
By clicking on the calendar drop down, you can see your data from:
- The last 30 days
- The last 7 days
- This week
- Last week
- This month
Or select ‘compare to previous’ to compare your performance from two different periods. More information on comparative reporting is available here.
Choosing the date grouping
Scroll down to view table data:
- Click “Day” to group report rows into calendar days
- Click “Week” to group report rows into weeks. Weeks start on Monday
- Click “Month” to group report rows into months
Partial periods - weeks and months will still be shown if they include partial data e.g. if your report runs up until Thursday 9th March, the week Monday 6th March (to Sunday 12th March) will be shown including the 4 days data.
After choosing which sites you want, as well as the date range in the drop down selectors, the results will be displayed.
You can now visualize your performance report data with 5 different graphs:
- Order Value
If you want to view your performance report data without the graph, you can simply click ‘Hide chart’.
The report rows are date-based, initially sorted by date descending. Data for revenue, sales and order value is imported based on affiliate reporting processes and leads to different reporting time windows (most are 24-72 hours). Detailed explanation of each data column and behaviors of the data here.
Sorting the results
You can sort the results by any column by clicking that column, which will sort the data (within the date range you have specified in the top drop down selector). Click to toggle between ascending and descending sort.
Filtering the results
You can filter your report results in the following ways:
- Device - the default view is to include all devices. Click Desktop, Tablet or Mobile to filter for data from those specific device types only. Note: our device data is based on what we capture from users and is sometimes not available. You can view Report by Device to see how much data is labeled as “Unknown”.
- Affiliate/Flat fee - the default view is to include all affiliate and flat fee revenue. Use the filter to view only affiliate revenue, flat fee revenue, or both – giving you a clearer view of how your commerce content is performing and simplifying your reporting. Note: Flat fee revenue is for managed publishers only.
- AMP - the default view is to include performance generated with and without AMP. Click Exclude AMP or Only AMP to filter data.
You can also customize your Publisher Hub in your local time zone and currency by changing the filters on the top of the report. Find out more here.
Use the filter next to each date to drill-down into:
- Merchant: which merchants your readers are interacting with
- Page: which pages are performing best
- Link: which links are performing best
- Site: which sites are performing best
- Device: on which devices readers are viewing your content
- Country: where in the world your readers are viewing your content
Downloading the data
When you click the download icon at the far right side above the blue report header, a new tab will open, and a CSV file will be generated/downloaded of the current report.
Please note, CSV downloads are not available when comparative reporting is enabled.
Article is closed for comments.