Did you know that up to 10% of commerce content links are broken at any given time? This is not great for Publishers revenue and it’s a poor experience for readers who have engaged with a great piece of commerce content.
The Broken Links Report is designed to show you the links that have been broken across Publisher domains and the number of clicks they have generated. For Publishers that have Dynamic Link Optimization enabled, Skimlinks will automatically optimize a large percentage of those broken links. Please note, that unlike the Link Optimization Report, you do not need any optimized clicks to see insights on the Broken Links Report - you should see all broken links across your domains.
The Broken Links Report shows:
- The potential link optimization uplift - an approximate revenue uplift if you have Dynamic Link Optimization enabled
- The total number of clicks to broken links
- The total number of clicks to Out of Stock links
- The total number of clicks to 404 links
- The broken link
- Each page that has the broken link
- The last time the link was broken
- The clicks the broken link received
- Broken link reason (out of stock, 404, inactive merchant)
You can perform the following actions in this report:
- Site selector - select which domain you want to view data for, or leave at All Sites to view data from all domains
- Date selector - change the selected dates to display time specific results
- Select all optimized links or select to view only out of stock or 404 links
- Search for merchant, link, or page
- Download - export and download a CSV of the information displayed in the report
- Report time zone - select to view data in your local time zone
- Activate Dynamic Link Optimization - you must have the Skimlinks code installed in order to use this feature
- Link - links are clickable and will take you to the product
- Page - page links are clickable and will take you to the page that holds the broken link
- Sort - last broken link click and clicks are sortable (< >)
We love to have feedback on our reports, please click the Send Feedback link at the top of the report to do so.
Article is closed for comments.